Rules & Discipline
Rules & Regulations
Dress Code has been meticulously blended with specified design of the uniform to give the students an active feeling and a sense of equity as it is compulsory to all.
Prussian blue colour
Blue check with white background
Blue check with white background
College Rules and Discipline
- After taking admission in the College, a student has to sign an undertaking to the effect that the student will abide by the rules and discipline of the college.
- Bicycles and motor-cycles must be locked and put in the respective shed. They should not be parked in the college barandah & corridors . Riding motorcycles beyond the specified point will be seriously viewed.
- All students of the college are advised to carry their valid ldenty Cards with them and produce their ldenty Cards when so demanded.
- The students are adviced to attend classes regularly and secure required percentage of attendance. If a student secure attendance less then the irreducible minimum he/she will be detained.
- Students are forbidden from loitering and standing in group in the corridor when they have no classes to attend. They should keep sitting either in the Library or in the respective common rooms. They must not make such noise as to cause disturbance in the adjacent rooms.
- Everywere, particularly in the college or in the playground or in the meetings or functions, students should conduct themselves with a sense of decorum.
Students are advised to pay their college dues regularly as per the notice issued from time to time.
- Answering the calls of nature is strictly prohibited at the place other than the urinals and lavatories meant for the purpose. They should not pluck flowers from the garden.
Students are prohibited from walking on the grass of the quadrangle.
- Students should invariably stand in queue while waiting near the college Counters for depositing their tution fees or any other purpose.
- Any student absenting himself from any college examination without obtaining exemption from the Principal will be fined or punished.
- Spitting on the walls , floors, pillars or doors of the college is strictly prohibited.
- Students must not tamper with the electrical fittings and other installations They must not break the furniture and tear furnishings of the college.
- Scribing , pasting placards, posters and such other papers and disfiguring college walls doors , windows with pencils, chalk, colors , coaltar etc. are strictly prohibited.
- No club or society should be started or maintained in the college and no function should be organized without the approval of the Principal.
- Students are not allowed to enter the staff common room. In case a student has some work with a member of staff , he is required to inform him or her by the bearer of the common room.
- Misbehavior of students in any form at any time with the students, teachers, employees and visitors to the campus will be seriously dealt with.
- Candidates seeking admission ( re-admission in case of detained students ) shall send applications in the prescribed form duly filled in so as to reach the Principal of the College on or before the last date for receipt of application. Application received after the last date may be considered only after all applications received by the due date are exhausted .
- Application forms for Admission are available at the office counter during specific office hours on payment of application fees. Forms can also be obtained by post or by enclosing a duly stamped envelop with an application to the Principal.
- The College will not be held responsible for loss or delay in transit.
- Application forms must accompany attested photocopies of the S.L.C./C.L.C., Testimonials of marks of the last examination, Cast certificate if any, Money receipts showing the cost of the form etc. and must be complete in all respects. Incomplete forms are liable to be summarily rejected.
- Selected candidates are called for admission on particular dates. Failure to turn up on the date or to produce the required documents in original shall amount to forfeiture of the seat. Extension of date of admission shall not ordinarily be allowed. However usual reservation and extra weightage shall be given to the physically handicapped, ST,SC and candidates having proficiency in sports ,Scouts & NCC.
- Detailed information regarding admission are laid down in the college admission information brochure supplied along with forms.
- An Identy-Cum-Library Card will be issued to every student for use during college hours, examinations and all college functions, as and when required The card must be renewed at the beginning of the session and if lost shall be substituted immediately by a duplicate one on payment of RS. 10/-.
- Students must acquire the registration card from the office soon after their names are returned as matriculates for +2 level and as University Registration for +3 level. This card must be presented at the time of Examination for verification of the Registration number supplied by the student during the period of filling of the form.
- Admission to the college can not be claimed as a matter of right Merit and conduct of the candidate shall be an important factor in the deciding his prayer for admission to the college.
- All admissions are provisional. The Principal reserves the right to revoke an admission if necessary. However the decision of the Principal on the matter of admission shall be binding and final.
TIME LIMIT OF ADMISSION IN +2 STREAM
The CHSE has prescribed the following time limit for admission into different classes:
Admission into +2 1st yr classes:-
- Last date for receipt of application:- Two weeks (14 days) from the date of publication of result of the qualifying examination (excluding the date of publication).
- Commencement of admission on first round selection :‑ Within 14 days from last date fixed for the receipt of application.
- Completion of admission Within 21 days from last date of Commencement of admission.
Admission to +2 2nd yr. classes:-
- Last date of receipt of application 1st July 2006 or the date of re opening of the college fixed by Govt .whichever earlier.
- Last date of completion of admission /15th July , 2006.
TIME LIMIT OF ADMISSION IN +3 STREAM
- No students shall ordinarily admitted into the 1st year of the course four weeks ( including holidays and Sundays) after the date of publication of result of the Annual Higher Secondary Examination of the Council of the Higher Secondary Education , Orissa or, after the reopening of the summer vacation or which ever is Latter. In exceptional cases, the appropriate authority may notify the last date of admission.
- Candidates who for some valid reasons are unable to take admission within the time prescribe under the above regulation may however be admitted into a College within two weeks. ( including holidays and Sundays) from the last date of admission with late admission fee as prescribed by the University The Principal of the college shall intimate the names of such candidates and their dates of admission and shall remit the late fee collected to the University in one lot within two weeks from the date of such late admission.
- Candidate who have taken late admission, on payment of the late fee, shall have the percentage of lecturer counted from the date of such admission.
- Candidates passing the instant higher Secondary Examination of the Council higher Secondary Education,. Orissa may be admitted into a college within two weeks (including holidays and Sundays). after the publication their results provided that the candidates may be admitted within one week thereafter with a late fee as prescribed by the University for each candidate. A candidate so admitted shall have the percentage of lecturers counted from the date of his admission.
- Admission to the 2nd and 3rd yr. Degree Course(+3) : Admission to the 2nd and 3rd Yr. Course shall be completed within 2 weeks of the reopening of the college without waiting for the publication of results of the first and second University examinations respectively, provided that the students may be admitted to the 2nd or 3rd yr. , as the case may be , within a further period of 2 weeks (including holidays and Sundays), on payment of a late fee as prescribed by the University for each students.
- Provided further that, students who could not appear the University Examination due to shortage of attendance, shall be allowed to take readmission in the same year at the beginning of the immediate subsequent academy session subject to the availability of seats. Preference shall be given to the students who have secured higher marks in the last C.H.S.E. or University Exam. as the case may be.
- Not withstanding anything contained in the preceding regulations where the syndicate of the university permits increase of seats in any class gives fresh affiliation to any new subject in any college, the date of issue of such order shall be deemed as the date of publication of the result of the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa for the purpose of admission thereto.
- A candidate whose results of Higher Secondary Examination are published late by the Examining authority, may be admitted into the college within two weeks of the publication of his /her result depending on the availability of seats provided that no student can be admitted into +3 1st yr. Class beyond 31st Dec.of the concerned academy year.
Every students of the College has to be a registered student of the Utkal university. On admission into the first year class or on admission to college after migration from another University, a student pays a fee of Rs. 4.00 for the registration of his/her name by the University. When the name of a student is struck off the rolls of the College for default in payment of the prescribed college dues or for any other reason and readmission is sought thereafter , he/she must pay a re-entry fee of Rs. 1.00 in addition to the readmission fees.
- Every student is required to attend in each subject 75% of Lecturers, Practical, Tutorials etc. calculated separately so as to be deemed eligible for promotion to the next higher class or for being sent up for the University Examination.
The Syndicate may however condone shortage of attendance to the extent of 15% only in cases on production of Medical Certificates . The Syndicate may also grant condonation to a further extent of .5% in the case of such students as are deputed by the state or the University for any purpose.
- The College Office opens from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM daily except on Sundays and Holidays unless otherwise noticed in advance.
- Students are regulated to go to the specified counter to get their workdone. They should not enter the office for any purpose without permission.
- Students are required to maintain discipline at the Counter.
- The queue habit facilitates work and helps everybody.
- All written applications/complaints should be deposited between 11.00 AM to 2.00 PM in the box meant for the purpose or handed over to the Administrative Bursar who will place them before the Principal.
- Applications for Free Studentship, aids from SSG or University Aid fund , exemption from fines should be made through the respective proctors.
- The boarders shall provide the following information to the Superintendent immediately after the admission:
a. His name
c. His address (to which he wants to go during vacation & holidays)
d. His father’s name & signature.
e. His local guardian’s name & signature.
f. Signature of the person authorised to receive him while going outside the hostel.
- The boarders are advised to strictly adhere to the hostel study hours:
a. Morning : 6 A.M. to 9 A.M.
b. Evening prayer : 6 A.M.
c. study hours : 6 PM. to 9 P.M.
- Absence from the hostel for more than one hour shall require the prior permission of the hostel superintendent .Temporary absence shall be maintain in a register No boarders shall be allowed to meet visitors during study hours .
- Visitors shall meet the boarders outside the premisses of the hostel. No boarders shall leave the hostel without prior permission of the hostel Superintendent.
- The boarder shall take care of the properties of the hostel and secure their own properties under lock and key to prevent theft and destruction.
- Any report of neglecting the studies, disturbing other boarders during study hours , torturing the boarders in any manner terrifying or ragging the younger boarders shall amount to breach of discipline an will lead to forfeiture of the seat from the hostel.
- Singing and loitering around the hostel is strictly prohibited.
- Any kind of misconduct shall also be viewed seriously.
The college provides facility for accommodating 30 students in the college hostel but it is temporarily closed owing to its unsafe condition. To make it safe for accommodation of boarders, the concerned authority has been officially intimated for immediate repairing of the hostel building and it is expected to be repaired shortly. The hostel will start functioning soon after the repairing work is over.
Further proposal to run a private mess in the town is in active consideration. The proposal will be implemented if students give their willingness for accommodation in the college hostel in the prescribed form available in the office.
To add more, it is not out of place to mention that, the college has moved a proposal to UGC for construction of a sixty- bed women’s’ hostel in the campus.
HOSTEL & MESS RULES
Students duly admitted to the hostel shall be called boarders of the hostel
The boarders shall stay in the respective rooms allotted to them by the Superintendent
Our College Library is the sine qua non of our College. It has a collection of satisfactory numbers of books which cater to the growing needs of the students. It takes Library service to the doorsteps of the divot readers.
The Members of the staff & students of this college and other persons specially permitted by the Principal may use the Library.
- The Library opens at 10 AM and closes at 4 PM. unless otherwise notified. All transactions of the Library with the students will be done between 10 AM and 2.30 PM. on every working day.
- The Library remains closed on all Sundays and holidays.
- The Library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading and consulting books and the periodicals in the Library.
- None but the members of the teaching staff , the ministerial staff, laboratory assistants and the research scholars may go beyond the Library Counter.
- None is allowed to enter to the Library room with his/her personal books, bags and umbrellas.
All those who may happen to be inside the Library or in its neighbourhood are expected to observe complete silence. The Librarian will see to it that silence is strictly observed and he has to report to the Principal any wilful breach of the rule . Members of teaching staff are also expected to use their influence to promote observance of these rules.
- Spitting , smoking. sleeping inside the Library stretching and putting one’s leg on the Library furniture are strictly for bidden.
- Cases of misbehavior by intending borrowers or by the members of Library staff or by some unauthorized persons who might happen to be inside the Library should be reported to the Principal.
- A person who takes books from the Library is supposed to have read the Library rules and is supposed to have agreed to abide by them. Ignorance of the Library rules will be no excuse for the breach of any rule.
- The Identity-cum-Library Cards will be issued to the newly admitted students at the beginning of the session from the admission Counter of the college.
- Students are required to renew their Library cards at the beginning of the session . Books will be issued only after the Library cards are renewed.
- Loss of these cards will deprive the borrower of his/her right to borrow books.
Loss of Cards must be immediately reported to the Principal.
- A duplicate cards may be issued against the lost card on payment of requisite fee at the collection Counter.
- Library Cards are not transferable. Books will be issued against the borrower’s card on personal presentation only.
- Library books, Journals, Periodical etc. will be issued to the students only on production of the Library card and Identity card together.
- Any student who wants to take books from the Library should fill in his Library card properly and present it to the Librarian along with the Identity card. He should present his/her card to the Librarian whenever he wants to return a book.
- No books shall be taken out of Library without the knowledge of the Librarian until it has been properly entered in the loan register and the entry attested by the borrower.
- Each borrower must examine the condition of the book before they are issued. Otherwise, in case of mutilation and disfigure of pages discovered later, the borrower will be held responsible .
- Members of the teaching , non teaching staff may take books from the Library on signing on the loan register.
- Books must be returned within the stipulated time allowed to a borrower falling which further issue of the books shall be stopped and Rs. 0.10 paise per day must be charges as fine.
- When the date for the return of a book falls on a public holiday, it must be returned to the Library on the day the Library reopens.
- All Library books on the possession of the borrower shall be returned to the Library before the college closes for the long vacation, on or before the date notified for the purpose.
- Anybody in possession of Library books shall return them to the Library whenever he receives a requisition notice for the return of the books from the Librarian or from the principal.
- No notes or marking shall be made on the pages of the Library books, nor should pictures or pages be removed, torn or otherwise disfigured, The borrower shall be asked to replace the or books damaged by him.
- Any book lost, damaged or defaced by a borrower must be replaced by him. If the book is one of a set or a series and the whole volute cannot be obtained singly, the whole set or series must be replaced at the borrower’s cost. If the book is rare or irreplaceable, recovery shall be made at the rate of ten time of the present cost of the book .
- In case the present cost of the book is not available and cannot be ascertained, he should pay as compensation an amount fixed by the Principal which should not be less than ten times the prevailing cost.
- A borrower against whom dues or any other charges are outstanding shall not be allowed to borrow books from the Library. Names of defaulters will be reported to the Principal for necessary action.
The following is a list showing the maximum number of books that may be issued to various users of the Library:
|a)||Members of teaching Staff||20 each|
|c)||Demonstrator & PET||03 each|
|d)||Members of Ministerial Staff||03 each|
|e)||Store keeper & Lib-Attendant||02 each|
|f)||Assistants , Peons & Other Staff||01 each|
|g)||Honours Students of Degree Classes||02 each|
|h)||Pass Students of Degree Classes||01 each|
|i)||+2 Students —-||01 each|
The time allowed to the borrowers for returning the Library books is as follows :
|a)||Members of teaching Staff||1 Month|
|b)||Other Members of the Staff||1 Month|
- No rare books and books of which single copies are available in the Library can be issued for use at home Such books can be read inside the Library.
- Dictionaries, Encyclopedia, Calendar, Magazines. Courses of studies, Questions (CHSE/UNIV) shall not be issued to the users for taking outside the Library. Such books can be read inside the Library only.
- No Journal can be issued to an user for taking outside the Library or for use home. However, he can refer to the journals , old and new inside the Library.
- A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to him only when nobody else want to take the book . Before a book is reissued , it should be presented before the Librarian for necessary entry in the register.
- Any grievance of the students regarding library affairs should be brought to the notice of the officer-in-charge of library.
- Borrowers leaving the college before their annual test examinations or discontinuing their studies at any time shall have to return the books and obtain “No Dues Certificate” from the Librarian before they are allowed to leave.
- Borrower who are not promoted to the next higher classes or sent up for the examination, shall have to surrender the books soon after the results are announced.
- The books borrowed shall have to be returned by the borrowers soon after their test examinations are over or else disciplinary action shall be taken against them by the Principal.
- Library clearance is a must in cases of transfer of the borrower from one college to another.
- The rules noted above are subject to change at the discretion of the Principal and cannot be challenged in any Court of Law.